Links

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Protein Pancake Palooza

Yes, you heard me right... or is it read me right?

I made Gina's Protein Pancakes this morning... successfully!

A little background regarding my breakfasts....

  • Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
  • I have a breakfast "routine" that got me into trouble back during my ED days...
  • I read the paper, drink coffee, and tend to fall into a ritual of eating the SAME THING everyday...
Therefore, I have set a goal for myself to try a new breakfast everyday.  I am only allowed to repeat a breakfast every 3 days.  So, I started with a smoothie (my recent ritual), then I had May's french toast oats, then french toast, repeat smoothie... and now Protein Pancakes!!

I followed the recipe almost exactly... except I only used 1 scoop of protein & I didn't have nutmeg...
Mix the dry...


Add the wet...


Then cook 'em up!

The finished product came out a little strange........

I attempted to organize the cakes into a smiley face because they were shaped very awkwardly!  I topped them with syrup & a dash of salt (I love me some sweet-n-salty)..

Mmmm mmm good!

Now on to yoga...

I did CorePower Hot Fusion Yoga this morning... Again, this is day 2 of my hot yoga venture.. Again, I thought it was SOOO detoxifying.  I left the studio even more drenched than yesterday.  There were not a dry spot on my clothes.  Nasty, I know... However, it felt so wonderful.  I think of the sweat as negativity leaving my body.  I focus on the fact that when I breathe in, I am allowing positive thoughts in...

Although I have done this now for only 2 days, I feel more aware of my body & my mind.  I need this in my life.  I struggle with my ED and negative thoughts daily; yoga is bringing me back to center.  I thank my body for being able to stretch, bend, and for allowing me to do the practice of yoga.  

I know I am rambling, but I thoroughly enjoyed the session this morning.  I went in with an intention of releasing stress and I accomplished this.

Namaste,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment