Links

Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy Weekend

Why is it that the weekends go so quickly?  I vote to have the weekends last just one more day.  It seems that as soon as I have started relaxing, it is Sunday & I have to begin thinking about the work week.  No fun.

Over the weekend, I tried some new recipes (some of my own & some from others)..  As always, I enjoyed Angela's Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats  However, this time, I made some peanut butter because when life hands you raw peanuts, YOU MAKE PB!!



So, I took my 1.12 lb of peanuts and threw them in the processor...



and let 'er rip!!



The key is: PATIENCE!!  Patience is something I have been working on lately... more to come on that.


Voila!

This PB only cost two and a half bucks & it has no added oils, salt, or sugar.

So, I took my PB and processed it up with my banana soft serve & added a dollop on top.  YUM!


As you know, work has been crazy... A while ago, I signed up for a managing stress class at the local co-op.  Well, on Thursday night I had the pleasure of attending the class and meeting two wonderful ladies who lit a fire in me.  

The class focused on the connection between your mind, body, and spirit.  We learned to use meditation, art, and guided imagery to refocus our thoughts.  There was also some discussion regarding aromatherapy. 

When I went home that evening, I felt much lighter.  The stress that had been clouding my thoughts and causing tension in my body was wading away.  I have realized that I need to calm myself and focus on my breath.  My body can only take so much stress and I was reaching my limit.  Being able to relax and clear my mind is something I will be focusing on... The two women were from the Renew Integrative Health Center.

I also spent the weekend relieving stress by...

MELON BALLING



Oh summer fruit... how I love thee.

I found out Sunday that one of the The Boy's coworkers got engaged (CONGRATS Blair & Jeff), so what else to do but bake!  I dove into Lorie's Snickerdoodle Blondies.

Seriously, the smell in the apartment was out of this world!




Wet & Dry.. then....



heaven....



...a cinnamon-sugary heaven, that is.

FINALLY... I made a homecooked meal for The Boy on Sunday evening... It consisted of:
tilapia, basil, orange juice, orange zest, salt, pepper, mushrooms.

They were all foiled up in a pack & baked at 375 for 20 mins.





YUM!!

So, here's to another work week.  I hope you focus on yourself, thank your body for the wonderful things it provides for you, and don't forget to smile.

Love, Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment