Links

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

World View

Yesterday I was asked what my world view was.  I went home last night and really thought about this.  I don't think I know what my view of the world is.  I am 25 years old and still discovering who I am.  I don't think I will ever fully know the purpose I have in this world because I am constantly learning.

When I went to answer the question, I thought about who I am and who I have come to be.  I think my "sense of place" in this world comes from being the oldest out of 3 children.  Growing up I took on the "mother" role a little too well.  My dad was always working out of town and I think I stepped into his shoes (even though my mom was there).  I tended to tell my brother and sister what to do and what was best for them.  To this day, I find myself worrying more about my little brother and little sister than myself. I believe this is how my ED started... I don't care for myself.  I try to control others (and my eating)...

Once I began this thought process again... I ran with it to think about my world view.

The way I view the world is with a sense of anxiety.  I am a Type-A person all the way and I like to have control and be able to schedule and plan.  I easily take on leadership roles.  My thoughts are that if you want something a certain way, then you should get involved and give your opinion.

I feel as if I am rambling on and on... but the questions posed yesterday were:
WHO am I?
WHAT is my responsibility?
HOW do I carry myself
HOW do I see the world?

These are deep questions...  things to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment