Links

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Terrific Thursday

Don't you just love waking up and smiling?  That is how I started my day... I am not sure why, but I woke up feeling great!  I guess I won't think too much into it & just accept it.

I went to the gym this morning and did my regular routine of 30 minutes of cardio (chose the elliptical and the rotating stepper from you know where this morning).  Then, I made my way upstairs to do some upper body work.

At the gym near my house, there are hardly ever any women at the free weight area.  Why is it that girls (most of the time) are so shy or intimidated by the free weights?  I know there are men working out nearby, but why waste time on the machines?  To me, free weights provide a much better workout.  According to active.com, a combination is best.  I can understand this.  I guess I just enjoy doing squats, lunges, and other types of exercise for my lower body.

ANYWAYS... I then came home and had a delicious smoothie (pics to come).  My Staple Smoothie consists of:

  1. Slightly less than 1 cup almond milk
  2. 1.5 cups frozen berries
  3. 1 T chia
  4. 1 scoop of Pure Protein powder
  5. Small banana
  6. Half-cup of Fiber One
First I mix the milk, chia, and protein so the chia can do their thang.. Then, I blend it up in my Kitchen Aid blender (that is, of course, pink).. Then, I ENJOY!

Well, I have a long day ahead of me.  My mom and I are beginning my move to SAN DIEGO!  I am thrilled to see the BF because it has been THREE WEEKS... 

Have a fabulous day... 

<3, Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment